Derek Swalwell
I chose Derek as his photos are incredibly sharp and clean. He’s a Melbourne based photographer with some serious skill. The lighting in every shot is phenomenal. The guy does so many types of photography and he kills it in every one. From food to landscapes the guy truly inspiring. Below are a few shots from the web which I picked out.![]() |
| http://www.egodesign.ca/_files/articles/blocks/10087__derek_swalwell41.jpg |
![]() |
| http://www.2c.com.au/artistImages/2c_derekswalwell_081L.jpg |
![]() |
| http://www.australiancreative.com.au/images/dmImage/SourceImage/derek_JOHN_088075_dark_HP6001.jpg |
I remember seeing a tv program on I think ABC where this guy went out and camped at Lake Eyre to take these incredible shots with an old school looking plate camera. I didn't know his name until I started looking through the Head On festival stuff. I loaded up his site and looked through his images. While there's not a lot of photos on his website the images that are there are amazing. The lengths Murray goes to get the shots are pretty wild. Below are a few of his images from various sites.
![]() |
| http://i39.tinypic.com/6gal45.jpg |
![]() |
| http://www.livetravelmountains.com/wp-content/uploads/SALTLakeEyreBlueMF.jpg |
![]() |
| http://mechafushigi.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/murray_fredericks_salt_lake_eyre_2.jpg |
To be honest I picked this guy because I saw photos of surfing in the Mentawai islands on his website :) After reading his bio I released the guy is like a god with over 30 years experience and a lot of awards. His photos are gobsmackingly good and his post processing is even better. If you haven’t checked out his work I highly recommend you do!!.
![]() |
| http://www.petereastway.com |
![]() |
| http://www.petereastway.com |
![]() |
| http://www.petereastway.com |









No comments:
Post a Comment